Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butterfly Wall Hanging {All About Easter}

Welcome back for round two of All About Easter today. Are all of these projects so great or what?!  Every guest post has been so inspiring, and I am so excited to introduce you now to Kacey from Stay At Home Artist.  Kacey's blog is SO fun to go and look at. She always has something bright and fresh, and her etsy shop is filled with a ton of fun hair accessories.  Go take a look at her blog..I'm sure she will inspire you too! Take it away, Kacey:


Hi everyone!  I'm Kacey--an art teacher, wife, & mess-maker extraordinaire--and you can find my little creative corner of blogland at Stay-at-Home Artist.  Can I just say how excited I am to be participating in "All About Easter" this month?  Easter seems to be a bit underrated in our society as far as holidays go, but I think it's the most important and hopeful holiday EVER... so I'm stoked that Kiki is throwing this virtual shindig to spread some Easter cheer!

I'm on a bit of a butterfly kick for my Easter/spring decor this year.  (It's a great symbol for the true significance of the holiday, don't you think?)  So I continued my theme with this cheerful Butterfly Wall Hanging...







This project combines the specimen art and painted picture frame trends popping up all over craft blogs into one pretty piece.  It features floating vintage butterfly illustrations and text written on squares cut from an old book.  (I went with "Spring" so I could keep it up throughout the season, but you could easily customize yours to say "Easter", your last name, or forgo the text all together and just do more butterflies.)


The best part?  It'll only cost you a few dollars to make one of your own!






If you head on over to Stay-at-Home Artist, you will find the full tutorial, including a link to a great website featuring printable vintage illustrations available for public use.






Thanks so much for checking out my project, guys!  (And an even bigger thanks to Kiki for putting this whole Easter event together... Awe. Some.)  

Wishing you all love and hope and happiness this Easter holiday!

--
Kacey
www.stayathomeartist.com
kaceface.etsy.com

Thanks, Kacey. Doesn't that look like fun to make? Run over and find out how to make it!

Don't forget to enter this week's giveaways. There are some really fun items up for grabs..come and check them out. (click on the image!)


7 comments:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Such a cute wall hanging! Thanks for sharing.

s a n s k u :) said...

i made a cute easter garland (well i think it's cute :D) and you're welcome to share it in your blog (if you wish to do so, of course. no pressure!). here's the link:
http://thisthat2011.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-break.html

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

I absolutely love this. I'm thinking of all the many directions one could take this project. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenn said...

So simple, but so cute! Thanks for sharing!

dooleynoted said...

I love crafty decorations! This is such a great idea that can be done for so many other "themes/holidays". Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Love this and it would be easily adaptable for any theme :)

{Peppermint Plum} said...

This is so pretty! I'm not one who normally likes butterflies, but THIS I totally adore. Great job! :)

-Annie @ {PeppermintPlum}