Saturday, September 25, 2010

Re- Packaging

One of my all-time favorite classes in college was a packaging class. We learned different aspects of packaging, from designing to prototype, we saw the process through and it was a changing moment for me in my learning. I have always loved packaging things..from gifts to organizing.

Lately, I have loved looking at repurposing existing packaging.  Have you ever looked at things you buy and the packaging it comes in and how you can use it again?  I love the idea of using something that would have normally been thrown away.

SO..this morning I went to the store and bought blueberry muffins..  And as I was individually packing up my muffins, I saw some sweet potential to the package.. So I simply cleaned it up,
Got together a little something sweet to pack ...
Cut and snipped paper, glued ribbon down...
and VOILA! A new gift box. I love that the recipient can look into the box and see the yumminess inside..
and of course adding a few little details really made it pop!

So next time you are unpacking what you went shopping for, see if there is potential in what you would have otherwise thrown away.

7 comments:

cheeks said...

this is so cute! i have to admit, at my baby shower when you gave me emri's gift i didnt' want to destroy the packaging just by opening it! you are so talented!

Joyous said...

What a great way to reuse! You make it look way too easy. :) Very inspiring, though.

kerstin said...

Very cute!

Emily said...

I would have never though to re-use that box, what a fun idea! It turned out very cute :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is a great idea and I love how you redid yours! I've been keeping some of the tags that are on things that I've been buying in recent months. Some of them are unique shapes or made of something other than paperstock and I know they'd be great for creative projects or part of a gift packaging.

Amy said...

love this. I ship almost all my etsy stuff in cereal boxes...cracker boxes...etc, recovered in craft/scrapbook paper. I hate the idea of throwing them away to BUY more packaging...to get thrown away.

Bright Shadows said...

Oh it looks so great and it is so green. I always feel bad throwing out such great boxes, awesome idea!