Monday, September 20, 2010

a quick way to fix up a blanket

I love to make blankets for new babies.  Some I make more elaborate, some super simple.  This one was one of those super simple ones.  I loved this flannel fabric I saw and so I simply sewed it together with a light cotton (since you can't make the blanket too warm for Vegas!)..but knew it needed something else.


So I cut out a few random felt flowers and sewed them on one corner..
I love this color combo..so girl, but in a funky fall kind of way!


a cute and easy way to dress up a blanket!

NOTE:  I have been using felt for a few years now to do appliques on blankets, onesies, shirts, etc. and love working with it. It's nice and stiff, so it is easy to sew..and cleans up well too, but I normally wash it in the washer and hang dry!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Ashley M said...

Hi Kiki! Beautiful blanket! Love the bright colors agains the patterned B/W. Would you mind sharing what type of felt you use? Where do you get it?

Camille Hill said...

I am thankful for this breathtakingly beautiful autumn day! I would love a brown print. Thanks, Kiki. Love your blog!

Camille Hill
camille_hill@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for my husband. I would love the brown print. Thanks. I love it!

Amy
amy_sweetnam4@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I am Thankful for my husband and my two beautiful girls! I love all the colors, but I really think I like the brown one! Thanks so much, love your blog!
Jenn
jenneddie2002@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog is wonderful! Am so interested in the brown download. I am thankful for creative people like you who inspire me. email address kgwinn2004@msn.com.

SarLaz said...

I'm thankful for you sharing this first of all because it's PERFECT. Secondly though, I'm thankful for my husband who, even though he can't be here for the holidays because he's deployed, is always reminding me in the littlest ways how thankful he is for me in return. I'd love the brown one please. My email is sag04d@acu.edu.