Monday, September 20, 2010

the flower pillow

 Do you remember this sweet pillow from here?

Well, here is my rendition of it...

I love how they turned out!  I did two different pillows..one for each of my couches..I have never been the matchy, matchy type.
I took the instructions on how to build a basic rose from here..and just sketched out my own pieces..as this was much larger..and I wanted a little different look to it.
I love the volume to it.  I think I used about 13 layers of petals for the rose pillow, and then I used circles glued in half and then into quarters and then all put together for this other pillow.
 
I love, love, love the look of them on my couches. This color is so fallish, so rich, so pretty!  Both pillows took 1 1/2 hours to complete..so it was really quick, and super cheap to make 2 fun pillows to add to the decor!  Don't you think those flowers (a little bit smaller) would be amazing in a fall bouquet?! mmm..I can see it now.:)
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Kara said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE it so so so so much!!! And I love the blanket. Now I want new pillows, oh wait, new couches too!

emily and kevin griffin said...

skills

Unknown said...

Can you help me do a little something like this for a pillow in Nat's room? I think I just heard you say yes. Oh good. And dont bring the spideys.

Melinda said...

That looks great. I looked at the link to the tutorial and I was completely confused. I seriously am impressed once again.

Emily said...

Very nice, I love the texture of your pillows!

Unknown said...

How much can I pay you to make me one of these with a purple flower? :)

Nollie said...

Sorry, that was really Nollie who left that last message. I didn't realize Andy was signed in. I'm sure he'd love the pillow too. :)

claudia b said...

love this, am a new follower!

rebecca said...

AH! So pretty!!

Kelli said...

That is gorgeous! I love it!

AmyH said...

Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter! Your pillows are AMAZING!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Kiki,
Love it! Such a pretty flower!
happy crafting!
Linda

Veronica Arteira said...

Lindo demaisssssssss!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! How did you attach the flower to the pillow?

The Triplett Family said...

This is so amazingly cute and exactly what I'm looking for! How much felt did you use for flowers your size?

Nat and Holly said...

I just found you on eighteen25, and I love your projects! This pillow looks amazing... funny, I have a craft day scheduled with my friend tomorrrow to make felt flowers :) Now I think I'll try a larger one like yours for a pillow in my living room. Thanks!

Danee said...

Pillows are gorgeous. I think your is better than the original.

Kelsey Bang said...

this is the cutest version I have ever seen of this pillow! I LOVE IT so much! Way cute! THanks for the great how to

Brandi said...

Your pillow are so pretty!

Mandy said...

AMAZING Pillow!!! Love it!

BONDA ATIQ said...

superb!!!

nelly said...

This is beyond gorgeous...