Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is your favorite homemade creation?

I just finished my very favorite project in a long time. One of my favorite things to do is to turn something that has not been used in forever and turn it into something beautiful and ready to be used. This summer has been especially fun as I have been going through old buckets I haven't been through in awhile. Take for example this shirt:


I loved this shirt..and even though I don't wear it anymore, I couldn't bear to throw it away! There are so many great things about it that I love.
I love the sleeve detail, the collar and the sweet detailing down the front. I knew I didn't want to lose any of that no matter what I did to it.



I've been drooling over a few dresses to get for my daughter lately..one of them being a ruffly, all-white dress that came in about $200 over my budget, so when I pulled the above white shirt out of a bucket the other day, I knew I wanted to make her a dress out of it. And I am in love with how it turned out! It is a little over the top, but is just too darling. Take a look:


It's pretty tough to get a little 2 year old to model, but I did my best to show you the details of this shirt turned dress.  My favorite part is that I took something that just sat in a bucket for a few years and made something that can be used RIGHT now. Isn't it so fun?!


As I have been searching through the web, I am always so excited to see so many resources for making fun things..whether sewn, crafted, cooked, glued, etc. I was so excited when BlogFrog introduced me to Home Made Simple, a site dedicated to giving you fresh and simple ideas to implement into the many areas of your life.

Even better, through Home Made Simple Marketplace on Facebook, you can shop for handmade items, sell your own handmade items or just go to for a lot of really fun inspiration. It really is so fun to look through and find fun projects.

So now it is your turn! I want to see and hear about your favorite homemade creation. You know how much I love hearing from you..but even better.

Kiki Creates admires your creativity! Share your favorite handmade creation with me and get entered to win a 300-page hardcover copy of the book,“Home Made Simple: Fresh Ideas to Make Your Own”.


Simply:
1. Tell me about your favorite handmade creation. Attach a photo if you have one!
2. Join Home Made Simple Marketplaceon Facebook, explore the fabulous finds and handmade items, then come back to share your favorites.
3. Have handmade items or fabulous finds to sell? Post them for sale with Home Made Simple Marketplacevia Oodleand tell me about it.
The time is now to sell, shop & idea swap in the Home Made Simple Marketplacevia Oodle!


This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Home Made Simple. The opinions and text are all mine.
.