Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fresh Cranberry Salsa {recipe}


Well, I don't know about all of you, but I like to have appetizers on hand on Thanksgiving to snack on as the big meal is being prepped!  My favorites being anything with a salty-sugary combo.  I am excited to share some of my favorites with you in the weeks to come.

Today I am going to share with you an appetizer that is fitting for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, being that it is made for a seasonal ingredient...cranberries :)  There are 2 ways I like to serve this up:  the first being straight up with some tortilla chips and the second way is over cream cheese with some crackers.  It also makes a cute neighbor gift...package it up in a cute container and send it with a bag of tortilla chips.  My parents got some from their neighbors last year and I had no trouble helping them gobble it all up!


Fresh Cranberry Salsa
12oz. fresh cranberries
3/4 c. sugar
medium jalepeno, seeds removed
1 green onion
2 Tbsp cilantro, minced (depending on taste)
1/4 tsp cumin

Process all ingredients in food processor to coarse mixture.  Store in refrigerator overnight. Serve over cream cheese, if desired.  Eat with tortilla chips or crackers.

Happy Feasting :)
Britni
My Recipe Box


Do you like to serve up any appetizers on Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I'm going to keep this one, I love all the ingredients and it sounds yummy!