Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Expecting Twins by SHE paperie + design boutique


Welcome back! I have such a treat for you today. Suzanne with SHE paperie + design boutique is here to share a baby post. I met Suzanne a few months ago and she is a breath of fresh air. When you are done reading her post here, head on over to her blog and you will certainly get caught there for a long time (I know I do) looking and drooling over her amazing graphic design skills as well as her event styling.:) Here is Suzanne:


Hello fans and friends of Kiki Creates!  I’m so excited to be offering my very first guest post since starting up my blog a few months ago.  I’m Suzanne with SHE PAPERIE + design boutique --  and today I’m sharing how we announced that I was expecting twins!

Finding out that I was expecting was truly one of the best moments of my life. It was right before Mother's Day and I remember experiencing a myriad of emotions...happiness, shock, joy, excitement, gratitude, curiosity, relief, and reflection.  I didn't know at that time I was pregnant with twins, I just knew I was full of life.

We wanted to shout our exciting news from the roof tops early on, but we decided to wait nearly 4 months to do so just to play it safe.  Not even other family members knew!  Thank goodness for loose fitting shirts, sundresses, and Spanx to help conceal my baby bumps!
Being a graphic designer, I had always dreamed of being able to create a pregnancy announcement for us when the time came.  After being married for almost a decade, our time had finally come.   We made our big announcement via a special delivery into mailboxes near and far. 

We hired Jeanna of Jeanna Hayes Studios so that we would be able to take the images from the shoot and incorporate them into our big announcement.  And with 2 sonograms in hand, she snapped away and provided us with photographs that were not only used on our actual announcement, but many others that will always remind us of such a special time in our lives.

Within a day of sending out our announcements (we mailed out over 100 of them!), our inboxes were flooded, the phone lines were lighting up, and the answering machine was plumb full.  It was such an incredible feeling to be surrounded by so much love, support and excitement!  We were definitely feeling the love...times two!

Finding out that I was going to become a mother was a life defining moment that can try to be summed up with words, but really is best felt by my heart.  The gifts of life were truly the best blessings I had ever been given and I loved being able to share our celebration of life, love, and the beauty of miracles with our extra special pregnancy announcement.  




{ images by: Jeanna Hayes Studios }

Dreams really do come true.

Amazing, isn't she!  Head on over to SHE paperie + design boutique for more Suzanne and more amazing.
  

No comments: