Friday, March 25, 2011

homemade for a boy.

We've been busy around my house, keeping up with orders (thank you!), keeping up with kids, and making baby gifts!  I wanted to show you how part of the present for the boy came together...

After making a onesie with some felt handcut and handstitched appliques, I decided the outfit needed SOMETHING for the feet.  It seems when shopping for a girl everything is right at your fingertips..they have shoes of all colors, shapes and sizes, but for a boy they seem much more limited.  I took a shoe pattern I had (for a girl) and cut out the soles and then made up the top by cutting and shaping the pattern until I liked it. And they turned out so cute!..A little button sewn on top added the perfect finish.

The growth cards turned out so cute as well.  I love the little bow tie accent which gives it a little gentleman feel..a little twine and a sweet pom pom  finished off the look!

Brown paper packages...how about CLEAR vinyl packages!! I got done individually wrapping the pieces, but then I found nothing around my house to wrap it all up in. I had pink bags and pink tissue paper..NOTHING for a boy. But I did have some clear vinyl that I picked up in the remnant section of JoAnns, so I sewed up a little package, put the items in, and sewed it shut. I love that you can see the individual pieces, but not the detail..(you have to open it up to do that!)

Adding a little twine and card finished off the look to welcome the sweetest little boy into the world.

Stop by later to check out the last of the gifts...

Have you found any really fun and unique places to shop for boys?

If you liked this post and I hope you did, become a follower so you don't miss anything!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

loving the dinosaur motif!

Kristen @ Who's Watching the Baby? said...

Kiki, this is adorable! I love the roar! Can I ask how the felt appliques launder? I love working with felt, and I use it a lot in home dec, but I've never used it for clothes because I was afraid it would contort in the wash. If yours are wearing well, it would open up a whole new world for me!!

I love it!

kiki comin said...

Hey Kristen,

Felt actually launders really well. BUT I wash in the washing machine and hang dry. My boys have shirts that I have dried and they still look good, but it tends to ball it up a little on top. The ones I have hang dried still look great!:) Hope that helps. I seriously LOVE felt.:)

ilene said...

how cute are the booties!! I love the little "roar" detail, too. You're on a roll with these baby gifts!

Hilary said...

Thanks for the gift! I love all of the details!! I can't wait to use them all. Thanks for coming!!!

Tammy Ashjian said...

i LOVE LOVE the growth card! What is that exactly and how can I get one??! I've been searching high and low for something cute like this that I can record baby memories/info on!!!