Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin {recipe}


I don't know about all of you, but this time of year, I'm lovin' me some pumpkin!  Today, I thought I'd devote my post to the pumpkin.  It is so versatile and tastes divine in baked goods....cookies, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, pies, brownies... the list goes on and on.  I thought I'd share a few of the yummy things I've been making lately:

Low-Cal Pumpkin Cupcakes

Um...excuse me...a cupcake WITH frosting that only has 121 calories?  YES PLEASE!  Not only are these great in the calorie department, but they are beyond delicious.  Just don't judge them by my piping job, one of these days I will get a tip that actually works well:)
For those of you counting Weight Watchers points, this has been calculated out for you already... 3 points, and that's with the frosting.  So go ahead, indulge!



Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
From:  Skinny Taste

18.25 oz Betty Crocker Golden Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix* (I ended up using a yellow cake mix)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup water

For the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (canned is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
5 tbsp packed brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers. Combine cake mix and pumpkin spice in a large bowl. Add pumpkin puree and water, mix about 2 minutes.

Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake about 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

For the frosting, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar until smooth. You can use a spatula to ice the cupcakes or pipe them which may require making more frosting.  Makes 24

*Betty Crocker has reduced their cake mixes, so read the labels on your box. Dunkin Hines still carries 18.25 oz boxes.



Pumpkin Pie Dip

I love pumpkin pie... the flavors are absolutely wonderful.  Nothing says the holidays like a good pumpkin pie.  Here it is in a dip form, great for any party! 

Pumpkin Pie Dip
From: Taste of Home

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Gingersnap cookies (or graham crackers)

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin, sour cream, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and ginger until blended. Serve with gingersnaps. Refrigerate leftovers.



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are probably the easiest cookies you will ever make.  When I mean easy, I mean 2 minute prep time.  Not only that, but there is no need for eggs or oil in this recipe.  All the moisture comes from the pumpkin itself!  These are wonderful, and have all the wonderful fall flavors I love.  Enjoy :)

Super Simple Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
From: Momma

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 spice cake mix
1 bag milk chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients and spoon onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

I'd love to hear about some of your favorite pumpkin recipes, I'm all about trying new yummy treats!

Happy fall :)

Britni
myrecipeboxx.blogspot.com

Any favorite pumpkin recipes you love?

No comments: