Monday, June 20, 2011

Creating, creating...

I hope eveyone had a lovely weekend and Father's Day...that you got to spoil your husband and your dad with a lot of love!  I wanted to jump in and show you my husband's favorite gift from the kids...they worked all week on it and were so excited to give it to him:


The Best Dad In The World Book.

I gave them each 1-2 prompts a day and they wrote and drew a picture to put in the book.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Obviously, I helped my little 2 year old out with her pages..but it was such a fun book to make..and could tell my husband just adored it as he read it yesterday!

I also got to see one of my besties over the weekend who is expecting her THIRD girl! I whipped her up a little outfit and just wanted to show.  I love this color combo..a mustard yellow, dark brown, white and pink. I love that you can make such a unique gift so fast by just personalizing a onesie..(think of how many possiblities there are!) The whole outfit started by making the little leg warmers and then went from there.


Hope your day is full of fun..and a little creating!:)

3 comments:

Annie said...

Firrst of all it was so so so wonderful to see you again. I cannot even begin to say how much I just love you. And second that little outfit makes me SO excited to have another girl. It really makes it feel more real. Thank you for being literally one of the most thoughtful people I know. Why must we live so far away!?

LeAnne W said...

The whole thing is adorable! Do you have a tutorial on how to make the flower? I am making a hairpiece for a special bride and this flower matches exactly the one that is on the shoulder of her gown. I would appreciate any direction you may have to make one or if you could point me towards where I might find a how-to. Thanks so much for the inspiration everyday! ltwestgard@yahoo.com

Hayley Aundreus said...

love ur blog! It's so creative! please check out my blog!