Monday, April 25, 2011

the easter duds.

We had such a fun Easter.  It felt like the day went on for years...oh wait, maybe that is because my 7 year old was so excited for the day, he was up 8 times throughout the night asking if it was "time" yet!  No really, we had such a great day.  As always, it was so nice going to church and remembering the true meaning of Easter and of course, I ALWAYS love Sundays because I am with my family ALL day long!

I didn't know if I would get all the sewing done I wanted to for the day (because Spring Break ended up being last week), but it all came together and I LOVE how it all turned out!

For the dress, I used a few patterns combined (and adjusted!) from THIS book. It came together fairly easily and loved mixing my fabrics up to get just what I wanted. I ended up adding THIS belt to the dress to give it just a little extra color..and it looked amazing!

And of course, she loved it..and didn't want to take it off when we got home. She really did look so sweet!

My boys wear regular ties to church every week, so I was a bit surprised when they BOTH requested a bow tie for Easter!  Pulling two of these together took less than 30 minutes..so I'm going to whip up a few more to give them a few more choices!


They certainly looked mighty handsome!

How was your Easter? Did you get all your projects done that you wanted to?

Thanks for stopping by today.  I'm pulling together some Mother's Day ideas..excited to show you a few things!  Anything fun you are working on?

19 comments:

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

Oh my goodness!!! That dress is the most adorable thing ever! Love.

BTW - who makes the grey polka dot fabric? So pretty with the yellow!

Unknown said...

I love your Daughters dress and the bowtie was a great idea! Wish I made one for my son; gonna file that idea away for next easter!

The Miller Five said...

LOVE that dress! Great job!

Melinda said...

Absolutely amazing!!! This dress is by far my favorite thing you have EVER made! Wow! and I love how you did her hair. What a lucky little girl. Wow....

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

The dress is GORGEOUS and the bow ties are cool. I bet you got a lot of compliments.

Barbie said...

that dress is pure loveliness! awesome job!

Annie said...

That dress is to die for. And that daughter of yours. SO SO beautiful.

cheeks said...

oh my heck kiki! M's dress is soooooo freakin adorable! She looks so beautiful in it! i want one!!! :)

makana hansen said...

woozers woman! The dress is amazing and the ties are perfect. Less than 30? really? You got talent

Leslie said...

I love that dress! I also think the bow ties are fabulous too! I need to hire you to make my daughter some dresses!

Anna said...

So cute Kiki, as always!

Allie said...

That dress is to die for. LOVE it. So cute.

Anonymous said...

so for mother's day, are you making a dress for you to match this one?????:)

Monica said...

Oh my GOSH, KIKI! That dress!!!! You are amazing. Absolutely stunning.
Love you!

Hilary said...

kiki M's dress was SOOOO cute! you are such a talent!

Kristie K. said...

Love it!!!! Wish I could make a dress like that! I have three boys and I managed to get matchy matchy ties for them and the hubby! The bow ties are too cute. I think I will try that next time.
I didn't finish all my sewing I wanted to, but their is always summer. Thanks for sharing your cute creations...

Cheryl said...

You are amazing! Oh, the places you are going to go! :) You are an inspiration to me on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Unknown said...

One of your cutest EVER.

Ashley said...

OMG!!! So cute Kiki!