Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Colorful Spring

It has been so incredibly beautiful here in Las Vegas the last few weeks. I'm loving our March springtime.  I also started decorating for spring inside.  Do you want to see?

I figured that when someone walks in my home, I want them to feel happy! Nothing makes me happier than color and handmade, so that is exactly what I did.

The three projects I have going on here are the wreath, the pinwheels and the quick piece of art.

The pinwheels came together fast thanks to this download from Christmas..who would have thought?!  I ended up gluing the pinwheels onto metal floral wire.

Don't all those colors make you smile?! (They make my day everytime I see them.)

You may remember THIS wreath from last year. It found it's new home welcoming the visitors this year.  You can see how to make the rosettes HERE.

And lastly, I made this quick little piece of art up with a canvas, some scrapbook paper and some wood grained contact paper.  Simply cut the paper the size of the canvas..spray adhesive it on. Draw your letters how you want them on the contact paper and cut out and place on the paper.  You are done!  So fast and simple.:)

And that's a wrap for today. Hope your weekend goes well. Have you started decorating for spring yet?


Pin It

11 comments:

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

This is SO pretty! Can't decide which I like more... the pinwheels or the wreath. Both are so bright, cheery, and fun!

The Hip Hostess said...

Makes me smile! A beautiful cure for Spring Fever.

Sarah said...

love it all! That wreath sure does make me smile, though

kim said...

So whimsical and fun! I love the wood grain "spring" and that wreath rocks!I would be totally excited if you stopped by to link these up this weekend at my party:)
Kim

http://too-much-time.com/2012/03/get-schooled-saturday-13.html

JENNY K. said...

Visiting from TT&J. So very pretty! I love all those rosettes on your wreath. Lovely colors!

April said...

This looks so pretty! I love making fabric pinwheels! I would love for you to stop by and link to my Sew Crafty Saturday Party!

The Remodeled Life said...

All three of these are so adorable! I'm in love with that wreath!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the wreath- I need to make a Spring one- I still have my winter one up! :)

Hope you'll stop by and link up!
-Melissa
http://www.serendipityandspice.com/2012/03/manic-monday-linky-party-9.html

Blissful & Domestic said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know I featured you on Blissful and Domestic this morning. Stop by and grab a button and check it out.

Danielle
Blissful and Domestic

http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/03/30-spring-crafts-and-treats.html

Live Laugh Rowe said...

Oh my goodness oh my goodness. This is seriously incredibly darling!!!! Might have to do some of these fabulous ideas next year. Have a blessed Easter.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. I've pinned it to try myself. Great job. Following now.