Wednesday, November 2, 2011

a blanket for her.

Do you remember when I showed you the start of the blanket I was making?  It's done!
With so many fun details, this post will be picture heavy!
 It sits at the end of her bed to give a much needed splash of color..

on her new big girl bed!


The part I enjoyed the most while doing the blanket was doing the stitching on the squares. Here are a few details of those:







I finished it with a scalloped edge (yes, it took forever)..and added some hearts on the back and stitched them right on with my machine. (love the detail this adds on the front!)
 Add this all together and it makes for one sweet blanket for one sweet girl!

13 comments:

Cheri said...

I love this! Very cute.

The Miller Five said...

Gorgeous quilt. You did a fabulous job. I am in love with your scalloped edge.

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

What a beautiful quilt!! The hand stitching completely makes this!

The Teeples said...

Oh Kiki! I love it! There are so many cute patterns and colors you can play with in her room. Awesome job!

Craftcherry said...

Oh my goodness! That is SO beautiful! I love all the little details and the gorgeous scalloped edges.

Ali Richardson said...

SO SO gorgeous!!! Great job!

Monica said...

Beautiful!!! LOVE love it!

makana hansen said...

The detail here is amazing! You did such a terrific job. As always... :)

Unknown said...

i want that. i really want that. ;)

I {heart} Nap Time said...

LOVE this!! The scalloped edge is gorgeous! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job!!! Where did you buy her bed heardboard??? I am looking for one for our 4yr old daughter, thanks.

vicky t

Anonymous said...

You put lots of work into this gorgeous blanket! It looks like so much fun! I love the stitching!

Rachel H. said...

Wow! I've never had the desire to do any hand quilting (I am not a persnickety stitcher)-- but I LOVE your stitches! They look happy and fun!