Friday, September 23, 2011

A Favorite Family Tradition {Free Printable}

 Traditions have always been a fun part of my life...from the little ones growing up to the ones I do now with my family. It certainly has been a fun way to grow closer together.

What seems like a long time ago, when I only had one child, we came upon something that was really funny to us. My husband and I watched a youth group at a summer camp come together and cheer "Sure Love Ya!"..and my husband and I watched and laughed at them. My son also watched and in his own way asked to do the cheer, so we did it...and it stuck.  As each child has come into our family we have taught them the way of our family.

A few years ago, we had our family pictures taken and had this crazy family cheer photographed. I think she definitely caught the fun we have while doing it:

I know this is such a silly tradition, but we have used it in times when we needed to come together quickly..or right after we have accomplished something amazing together.  And I can't help but LOVE the picture of our hands all in a pile...afterall, that's how I want to remember my little family..all piled up and working together! I'm sure this is a tradition that will never die.

Just recently I made a print out of our tradition to place in my kids rooms..so they can read and remember how much we truly do love each other!  Feel free to take one or both. Simply right click on the image and save or print as you wish!



Do you have any favorite family traditions?

5 comments:

jlk said...

This is awesome -- we do "sure love ya" every day!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

This printable is so cute! Thanks.

BzzzyBee3 said...

That's cute that you guys do this! Ever since my oldest (almost 10!) was a baby, any time we were apart, I would always say, " I sure love you.", and when all my boys were old enough to talk they would say it back. I am going to have to print this for my scrapbooking stuff! Thanks!! :D

Heidi Perez said...

lol One of my roommates taught me that!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

great photos!!