Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birth-day Announcements with ReMarkable Home

I'm excited to introduce you to Emily from ReMarkable Home today. I met Emily a few months ago and she is so fun to be around...and with 5 boys under her belt..a perfect candidate to share something "mommy" with us!  Welcome, Emily.

I am so excited to be guest posting here on Kiki Creates today.  I met Kiki a couple months ago and she is the sweetest thing ever!  So, when she put the call out for guest posters for her Oh Baby Week, I jumped at the chance.  I blog over at ReMarkable Home.  It is a fairly new blog where I share crafts, recipes, design ideas, and other ways to make YOUR home Remarkable!  I would love for you to stop by and say “hello” sometime soon!

Well, I thought I would share with you a cute idea I had for announcing the news of my 4th pregnancy.  I have FIVE boys, and no girls.  They range in age from 2 to 16.  So, needless to say we have a busy and LOUD house.  With my other pregnancies I just told everyone as soon as I found out.  But with my 4th, my husband and I thought it would be fun to have a secret for a little while, and it was.  Now, I am not good at knowing fabulous news and NOT sharing it with those I love, so our secret only lasted as long as it took me come up with a creative way to announce it.  So, here is what I did:

I made up these “BIRTHday Invitations” and mailed them to all our family and close friends.  I put my due date as the “Tentative Date” and I put the hospital I was most likely to deliver at for the place.

It was really fun to get all those excited phone calls from my family and friends!  It was just a fun way to make a FOURTH pregnancy special!

A few months later I got this beautiful 9lb 4 oz. baby boy!  That is red hair on his head!  HERE is a funny picture of him today.

Now, I don’t have Kiki’s amazing graphic design skills.  But, I HAVE learned how to make some pretty cute things just using Microsoft Word.  I created this “BIRTHday Invitation” in Word 5 years ago.  I have since learned a lot more and have made many other fun things.  You can go HERE to read about how I use Word to make things like invitations and cupcake toppers, etc.

I hope you found this idea cute and helpful!  I hope to see you over at ReMarkable Home soon!

Thanks so much, Emily! Now head on over to ReMarkable Home for some great tips on decorating, cooking and MUCH MORE!


Lisa said...

I love this!

Jennifer said...

Emily sent me..
What a great idea! I may have to borrow it!! :)