Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birth-day Announcements with ReMarkable Home

I'm excited to introduce you to Emily from ReMarkable Home today. I met Emily a few months ago and she is so fun to be around...and with 5 boys under her belt..a perfect candidate to share something "mommy" with us!  Welcome, Emily.


I am so excited to be guest posting here on Kiki Creates today.  I met Kiki a couple months ago and she is the sweetest thing ever!  So, when she put the call out for guest posters for her Oh Baby Week, I jumped at the chance.  I blog over at ReMarkable Home.  It is a fairly new blog where I share crafts, recipes, design ideas, and other ways to make YOUR home Remarkable!  I would love for you to stop by and say “hello” sometime soon!

Well, I thought I would share with you a cute idea I had for announcing the news of my 4th pregnancy.  I have FIVE boys, and no girls.  They range in age from 2 to 16.  So, needless to say we have a busy and LOUD house.  With my other pregnancies I just told everyone as soon as I found out.  But with my 4th, my husband and I thought it would be fun to have a secret for a little while, and it was.  Now, I am not good at knowing fabulous news and NOT sharing it with those I love, so our secret only lasted as long as it took me come up with a creative way to announce it.  So, here is what I did:



I made up these “BIRTHday Invitations” and mailed them to all our family and close friends.  I put my due date as the “Tentative Date” and I put the hospital I was most likely to deliver at for the place.

It was really fun to get all those excited phone calls from my family and friends!  It was just a fun way to make a FOURTH pregnancy special!

A few months later I got this beautiful 9lb 4 oz. baby boy!  That is red hair on his head!  HERE is a funny picture of him today.



Now, I don’t have Kiki’s amazing graphic design skills.  But, I HAVE learned how to make some pretty cute things just using Microsoft Word.  I created this “BIRTHday Invitation” in Word 5 years ago.  I have since learned a lot more and have made many other fun things.  You can go HERE to read about how I use Word to make things like invitations and cupcake toppers, etc.

I hope you found this idea cute and helpful!  I hope to see you over at ReMarkable Home soon!


Thanks so much, Emily! Now head on over to ReMarkable Home for some great tips on decorating, cooking and MUCH MORE!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this!

Jennifer said...

Emily sent me..
What a great idea! I may have to borrow it!! :)