Monday, April 4, 2011

A little bunny basket. {All About Easter}

All About Easter is here! I am super excited for all of my amazing guests the next two weeks.  You will find a little bit of everything and hope it helps you get all ready for the upcoming holiday!  I would love it if you want to advertise All About Easter by grabbing a button and putting on your blog...post about it, tweet about it..the more visitors, the better!:)

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy making Easter baskets! Crazy, crazy, I know, but more than saving money, I love personalizing my kids baskets.  Here are a few I have made in years past:


This year, I was flipping through Chasing Fireflies and saw this cute thing:

So sweet and so simple that of course I thought, "I won't pay $28 for it, I will make it for under $5!"
And that is just what I did.



I realize mine is not exactly the same.  They used 6-8 panels vs. my 4, but either way..I am loving how it turned out!  And of course, this one will be for my little girl, so I had to put a little bow on it!


Is it not the sweetest thing?  Check out a few of the details:

I made the tail out of a yarn pom pom, embroidered the face on, and gave the top and ears a cute little blanket stitch.

My girl barely let me finish sewing it before she ripped it out of my hands. I guess she likes it!:)
Do you want to make one?

Here are is a quick pattern for the main body and ears.  (click and then right click to save)


A few tips:
*I actually used the same idea as my TOM THE TURKEY pattern for the base of the basket. Download those instructions here.
*The circle of felt on the bottom I used was a nut jar lid.
*I actually lined the inside with fleece, so I sewed 2 bases and placed the fleece on the inside so there were no visible seams.
*Once you have both the outside and inside together, simply fold in the top, pin and sew around it. Trim any edges close to the thread line. 
*Once the base is done, I sewed the ears on, and sewed a strap..1 1/2 inches wide by about 10 inches long (make yours as big or small as you want!)  Then simply pin it on and sew.
* I sewed the blanket stitch next. Learn how to do a blanket stitch here.
*Embroider your face. Sew on a small felt nose.
*Make a yarn pom pom for the tail. Learn how to make a yarn pom pom here. Sew it on the back.

*YOU are done. Now embellish it to suit your child!

My boys baskets are not done yet, but they have requested something much different than a bunny! I will be using the same base and making a hedgehog and a cardinal (one of my boys is obsessed with red!) unless of course they change their mind AGAIN!:)  I'll let you see the finished product when they are done!

Thanks for stopping by today!  You won't want to miss tomorrow's guest. There will be a fun freebie involved!

Don't forget to enter this weeks giveaways. There are some really fun things to put in your Easter baskets up for grab!  Click on each of the images below to see the details of what are in them and to ENTER!



Visit thecsiproject.com


25 comments:

Allie said...

That bunny basket is incredible. :) Love the purple polka dot bow.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your pattern for this cute Easter basket. I can't wait to get started making one!

elizabeth said...

Love the basket!

rebecca said...

how cute Kiki!! :)

Heather {WhipperBerry} said...

I am soooo in love with this!!!

kisses my dear!
heather

Ally said...

Love your site Kiki!:) Always full of wonderful ideas!

jamie@eighteen25 said...

so cute! all of them. can't wait to see the boy's baskets now. :)

Jessica Deane said...

This is adorable! thanks for sharing!!!

Belinda said...

I love this! I can't wait to try and make the bunny basket for my 14 month old. I have no craft talent whatsoever so fingers crossed it works out!

I hope you don't mind, I linked to this sensational Easter idea on my blog.

What a gorgeous blog.

http://tropicaltreehouse.blogspot.com/

Kari Sweeten said...

HOLY CUTE!! I must send my readers your way!!

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

Oh my goodness I can't wait to start one of these! How have I not come across your blog before - talk about in love with it!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

Oh my this is so so cute! love the big bow!

Anonymous said...

Obrigada adorei

Dianne said...

I think this is so adorable! Thanks!But I can't get the pattern to download correctly, it leaves out the ears and prints the bunny body only...help??!!!

kiki comin said...

Hey Dianne,
I don't know what is happening. I tried it and it worked. Make sure you click on it to only bring up the pattern, and then you can save it, or print it directly from that screen. Sorry if that doesn't help!:)

sewhappiness said...

This is so cute:)!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Holiday Snob said...

Love love love! We featured this in a post:

http://holidaysnobs.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-to-put-in-your-easter-baskets.html

Hope you don't mind us sharing it!

Unknown said...

Adorable! Love the little face. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

Teresa said...

I linked to your tutorial on my blog I made three easter baskets for my children using this as a guideline thanks so much for the inspiration.

http://yummytumtummy.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-fun.html

joma said...

ola amei seu blog obrigada por compartilhar o molde da coelha já estou te seguindo e a convido para conhecer meu blog bjs

Ana Belli said...

Olá!
Já sou sua seguidora.
Amei a bolsa de coelho.
Obrigada pela partilha generosa.
Estou convidando para fazer uma visita no meu Blog.
Beijos...!!!

Heather said...

This is "sew" cute! Better than in inspiration piece too! I love the bow!

Michelle said...

She is the sweetest thing, love her bow! I do like her better than the inspiration piece also and because of how much I adore her I just had to feature her today over at my favourite Easter Crafts wrap up. Feel free to check it out

http://michellescraft.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/favourite-easter-crafts.html

Thanks so much for sharing the pattern, I can't wait to try it!

sandra k williams said...

i love it, am so glad you gave us the pattern i am going to make a couple of them tomorrow. you know i have a grandchild that will turn it into a purse, she loves bunnies. thanks again.

sandra k williams said...

i love this bunny basket. i am making 2 of them tomorrow. who could not make this? thanks a lot for giving us this pattern in time to make it before Easter gets here.