Monday, January 24, 2011

You Always Make Me Smile

I have this thing. I love to dabble in a lot of things. Love to sew. Love to make cards. Love to make decorations...the list goes on, but I also LOVE to bake...for the prettiness factor. CRAZY? Probably..but I do love being able to make my kids happy for their birthdays..and help others out for other occasions.


One of my sons just had a birthday and is OBSESSED with basketball, so of course all he wanted was basketball cake. Well, since we were having just a fun family party, I decided not to go with an entire ball, just half of it. I simple cooked it in an oven safe mixing bowl and it gave me the perfect shape.


And here is a sampling of my love of baking:










Mixed Tape Monday is a new party started by one of my blogging friends, Tausha. Go check out her site for the details and to link up your projects and the music that inspires you!

6 comments:

Kasaundra said...

I am constantly blown away by your talent! Everytime I check your blog there's something new. Thank you for the inspiration! The cakes look fantastic!

Brooke said...

You are seriously talented! I love the flower cake! Beautiful!

Melinda said...

Wow! The pirate ship is amazing! If I could make that, I sooo would. Did you make someone's wedding cake?!

Mindy Brown said...

Oh Kiki! How I wished you live in Idaho so I could enlist your help! I am currently working on a quilt for my son and brainstorming for his second birthday! How do you find the time to do it all! You are amazing!!

Mindy (Nelsen) Brown

Anna said...

Okay. Jealous once again.

Angie Larkin said...

NO YOU DID NOT MAKE THAT LAYERED CAKE!!! You are crazy! Cute attack! I'm gasping for air!